Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Secrets

Everybody has them. Some more convoluted then others and yet sometimes the ones that seem so simple are the ones that cut the deepest. I have a secret that I'm dying to tell. I've never been good at keeping my own secrets. I've never been good at not giving the truth. The problem is.. If I were to tell him what new hell would it open? I've learned the pain of opening myself to the truth time and again and yet I've never learned.. There's something that keeps ringing in my head and I keep hearing myself answer, "Yeah.. except I've found someone like that every where I've gone." I know the pain the truth would cause.. and in knowing that would it be right to lead somebody to that type of hurt? or would it be better to let them go on living in bliss knowing that if they never learned what I knew they could keep what they have and be happy. If I were to tell, even if they chose not to believe me, that seed of doubt would still be there. Lingering. Festering.. into what though? Hatred? Spite? Betrayal? Confusion? I guess the truth isn't really mine to keep, but is it really mine to give? Is it not meant to be taken as it is and used by the hearer how he pleases? The silence is cold, but the truth would likely burn. I wrote, only once, about what I speak, but I never gave the words to the world to see. A couple people have.. One of them was close to the subject and even they skipped over the subtle hint. For some reason I feel that this is a truth better left buried for the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment