Friday, December 24, 2010

Burning

I am an angel without wings and a halo long gone.
An angel of lost faith and convictions gone wrong.
I am an angel self-cast into fire without a hope for redemption.
An angel of both filth and sin and no salvation
I am an angel that has fallen to a demons desire
An angel without truth, a selfish liar

I feel the taint creeping over my skin. My self-inflicted contamination. I couldn't help the words I spoke or the ways that I felt, but I know I only tied this noose tighter. I'll hang myself with the words and feelings I've spun and in turn suffocate on the sin I've wrought. I seek no forgiveness and wish not to repent. I simply want to feel the fire wash over the wounds of my fate as I falter on the steps of destiny. I need no hand to offer me the way as I can fall just as well on my own. I took my chance to fly and carved the wings from my back with every lie I told. Fear not, for I feel no pain as I so willingly sought to burn in your demons embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment