Thursday, August 26, 2010

Limbo

I'm stuck in this place where I'm not quite amongst the living nor the dead. I breathe, yet the air is stale. I speak, yet the words are hollow. I listen, yet there's no sounds. I feel, yet the texture is not substantial. I'm simply floating in shades of gray watching people dance around me like puppets on strings. I might reach for them, but I'll never grasp hold. I'll simply continue to trap myself in this lonesome prison, because I can't decide which door to take. Behind every one I see endless possibilities swirling and twisting. One moment bright with the next full of dread. The past stretches behind me like a leeching shadow and the future remains in constant shift with no beginning yet in sight. So I stay here. Never moving forward and afraid to ever look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment