Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's Strange..

How completely open I can find myself with a complete stranger, but then as I get to know them and the relationship may develop further I may never open up to them again in such a way about anything else. It seems strange that I would share one aspect of my life with certain individuals and yet not others. I find myself pondering this, because I have had a few mail me saying they enjoyed the honesty in my profile (on another site). I'm not saying there were lies in it, but that it wasn't everything either. Most of it focused on one thing in particular and briefly touched on others. So now I'm sitting here thinking about how odd it is that I would open up about one aspect of my life to a specific group of people and yet not to another and that I would likely never open up about another aspect to that same group. It's the rare occurrence that I would find someone I would want to share more of it with. Then I sadden myself by wondering why I can't just have that same openness about everything all the time to everyone. Of course that couldn't possibly work now, could it? Some people just don't understand some things that you would want to tell them or you'd get a bad tongue lashing by a difference of thought or whatnot. Sad, but true. Maybe though, there could be at least one person I could talk to about everything? The sad part is, I think I would have to be completely emotionally detached from them to do so. How twisted is that? If I get to close to someone I shut down and would rather them know nothing. I've even come to points where I wished I'd never met them just so I could re-meet them and change how it is, but that still wouldn't work, because then I would know them again and poof, the same problem. Is it wrong to want to share all your opinions and even, most twisted secrets, wants, need, shames and etc with someone?

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment