Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Wish

I wish.. A simple pair of words that hold in them so much burden and so much hope.. So much disappointment just waiting to happen. I made a wish once and I buried the hope of it deep in my heart. I secreted it away to a place that I could keep it safe.. Hidden.. Somewhere I could keep it from reaching out and falling to the earth to shatter in a myriad of sparkling tears. How was I supposed to know that wishes had a way of trying to fulfill themselves? How was I to know that wishing for the impossible would bring me to my knees? How was I to know that it would lead me to the edge of the abyss with my dreams just out of reach? I never knew wishing for the impossible would bring me everything I would ever find to be unattainable.

I haven't made a wish in a long time, but right now, I wish you were here and I wish it didn't matter what other people thought. I wish it were enough to simply enjoy what I had tried to give rather then what others try to take. I wish you could have seen me smile before it hurt. I wish I could take back the feelings I entrusted and left the friendship pure. I wish I had listened to that little voice that said beware..

No comments:

Post a Comment