Saturday, July 24, 2010

Human Wreck

What is it you see behind closed eyes? Do you find what you seek in the darkness of your mind? I'm trying to find the answers and the words, but I can't read between broken lines. We're looking through the same glass, but the reflections are never the same. I'm curious, what it is you see in your reflection? I want to know your secrets and have you concede to me the things you dare not even dream. I can't seem to fathom all your reasons and wonder at your excuses. Why do you hide yourself behind so many layers? Are you afraid of what lies beneath? Couldn't you please open your eyes a moment and look my way for once? Is it so bad that I want you to notice me as the girl I want to be? Is it so wrong to wish that you'd only be mine? To have you open your arms for me or even reach out a hand? But no, your fingers are only an illusion and your embrace something I'll never feel. I'm stuck here in a realm between living and lost. The binds tying me to you are to strong to tear apart. I can't even turn away, unlike you, I'm forced to watch as you devour yourself in your own paranoid depression. To weak to do anything more then merely exist. You aren't so bad, you know. You're just a beautiful little human wreck.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment