Thursday, March 5, 2015

Love

"Anytime you think of pleasure you will think of me. I want every breath you take to be empty unless you're close enough to smell me. Every word you speak to be unimportant unless it's to me. Every sound you hear empty unless it's my voice. I want you to remember that whatever pleasure you have from now on, you'll have it from me." - Unknown

Live long enough and you'll eventually survive heartbreak or be destroyed by it and be reborn someone new. People always warn you against hatred and the way it can kill the goodness inside and around you, but they never tell you how much slower love twists that same embittered knife into your heart. Even worse for the way it lures you in with sweet promises and lies we believe, because we are so desperate to find that piece of happiness that always seems to elude us. That pain doesn't go away when we pull the knife free. It leaves  a scar to remind us of what it is to have and to lose it. But is it really better to have had and lost then to have never had at all, though? If I'd never loved before then maybe I would still feel like I was able to now. Or at least feel like I could be loved by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment